We know that by choosing to shop with us, you’ve placed a great deal of trust in us. We also understand that you want the personal information you give us to be kept private as well as secure. To reassure you that we feel the same way, here’s how we will and, more importantly, will not use the personal information you give us.
We collect and use personal information from the client in order for us to manage the enquiry and provide client with information about the product/services that client has enquired about.
What we collect and why
We collect and use your personal information like name, email and phone to manage your enquiry and provide you the service that you have enquired about. When you shop with us, there are different ways we gather information about you.
- We keep a record of any e-mail correspondence you send us. This helps us keep track of your likes and dislikes and any problems or concerns you’ve had with our products or services.
- Telephone calls made to our Customer Service Helpline may be recorded for monitoring and quality control purposes.
How we use your personal information
All the information we collect via our website or through correspondence with you is used by members of the Coffee Affair to operate and improve the service we offer you. We are committed to using your personal information only for:
- Dealing with orders and accounts for the supply of our goods, and services.
- Monitoring and improving any of our websites and our products and services.
- Planning and managing our business activities, including analysing customers’ shopping habits and preferences.
- Enabling third parties to carry out technical, logistical or other functions on our behalf.
- Conducting market research including statistical analysis of customer behaviour that we may disclose to third parties in depersonalised, aggregated form.
- Providing you with information about the products and services we offer.
- Providing you with periodic communications (this may be by post, telephone, SMS, email or as part of your delivery) about features, products, services, events, promotions and special offers. Such communications from Coffee Affair might include advertising for, or offers from, third parties (which we will pass on, on our partner’s behalf. We will never pass your information outside of the Coffee Affair Group for marketing purposes).
- Preventing and detecting fraud or abuses of our website or services.
- Allowing us to comply with any requirements imposed on us by law or court order.
Unsubscribing from our marketing communications
You may opt out of receiving our marketing communications when you open your account or anytime after that by unticking the appropriate boxes.
When we share your personal information
Information about our customers is an important part of our business and we do not sell or provide your information to anyone else to enable them to send you direct marketing unless you agree otherwise. However, there are circumstances where it is necessary for us to share personal information in order for us to provide our customers with customers with our superior delivery service. At all times where we use or disclose your information it will remain secure.
The circumstances where we may share some of your information with others are described below:
Third party service providers
We employ other companies and individuals to perform functions on our behalf. For example we engage companies to analyse customer information, provide marketing assistance and process credit card payments. In these instances, we provide them with only the information they need to perform their function
Sometimes we send offers to selected groups of customers on behalf of other businesses/events. We will not permit other businesses to contact our customers directly and all such promotional offers will come via us. If you wish to withdraw your consent from receiving these communications you can do so by clicking in the unsubscribe link in the mail.
Where we have reason to suspect fraud or the commission of any other criminal offence, we may share your data (such as your name, email, details of failed payments and your orders placed with us) with crime prevention agencies and certain third parties for the purpose of detecting and preventing crime. Such third parties may include business partners, law enforcement bodies, providers of fraud prevention and detection services, and recipients of fraud prevention and detection services.
With your consent
Other than as set out above you will receive notice when information about you may be sent to a third party and you will have an opportunity to choose not to share the information.
Security and data retention
Security is important to us. Thus, we have partnered with Air Web Solutions – a GDPR compliant, UK based technology firm to maintain and secure the customer data. Our website server is protected and regularly scanned for malware and viruses. We do not store any credit/debit card details.
Access to information
You can access any personal data we hold about you, including data which we share with our business partners. To request a formal copy of the personal data, please email us requesting “Subject Access Form”, your name and what type of personal data you would like to receive. Please note that this type of request will be subject to a fee of £10 to meet our costs of providing you with details of the information we hold about you.